Financial Advisor (Kansas City, KS)
If you are passionate about financial planning driven by a client-focused approach and considering a career change, take a serious look at Carlson Financial.
Carlson Financial values its advisors in a positive, team-oriented environment. Our office in Kansas City, KS is seeking to add a Financial Advisor in the Client Acquisition role in our organization.
Specializing in Retirement Planning, we are a values-based, independent firm, with an effective and efficient marketing process to identify potential clients. Rather than spending most of your time searching for and bringing in leads, we have systems and a dynamic Marketing team bringing qualified prospective clients to you. There is NO required prospecting on the part of our advisors. This allows them to spend time on the things that only the advisor can do – analyzing, planning, investing, and supporting our clients. Because of our client-first approach, being an advisor with Carlson Financial is like none other in the financial services industry.
Pre-qualified leads flow to the advisor team. The acquisition advisor team conducts the initial meetings – determining if we are a good fit, gathers data and creates an initial plan. Upon implementation, the clients move to their primary advisor team for deeper analysis and continual client support.
The culture at Carlson Financial is much more than just getting a job done. We have a clear vision supported by accessible and unbiased leadership. We encourage honest feedback from teammates and treat them as our greatest strength, reinforced through our generous benefit programs. Our focus on the client promotes a fun work environment where we celebrate our partnership on a regular basis.
The Financial Advisor meets with prospective clients provided by marketing events, media, and digital advertising. As new acquisition advisor to the firm, you will learn the Carlson Financial planning process by working alongside an experienced Advisor as they meet with prospective clients. The goal is for the new acquisition advisor to grow into the Advisor role typically within 3-6 months.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field
- A strong passion for and understanding of financial concepts and quantitative problem-solving
- Series 65 Securities Registration as well as Life and Health Licenses (either already obtained or ability to obtain within three months of employment)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial planning
- Solid organizational, prioritization, mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a natural ability to connect with people at all levels
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities
- Prepare, present, and implement customized financial plans
- Develop strategies for clients related to Income, Investment, Insurance, Income Tax, and Inheritance
- Analyze financial data received from clients to develop strategies for meeting their financial goals
- Assist clients with annuities, life and long-term care insurance plus managed money
- Develop, manage, and retain strong client relationships
- Prepare or interpret financial document summaries, investment performance reports and income projections for clients
- Be an active part of the Advisor team to meet individual and team goals
- Participate in and support marketing events
- Participate in daily and weekly office routines, including check-ins with the Head of Advisors
- Competitive incentive-based compensation structure.