Questions to Ask Now to Potentially Reduce Your Taxes in Retirement
When you enter retirement without a specific strategy for addressing taxes, you could end up paying more than necessary. A strategic and proactive tax plan allows you to potentially pay less and keep more in your pocket to cover expenses in your later years.
When looking for a financial advisory firm, make sure you find one that includes tax planning as one of their services. They can help you answer questions such as:
- How can I reduce the taxes that I pay now?
- Should I be putting money into a Traditional IRA or Roth IRA – or some other investment?
- How much will be taxes go up when I start taking required minimum distributions (RMDs) at age 72?
- What happens if I’m forced to take required minimum distributions (RMDs) but don’t need the income?
- Are there ways to lower or completely eliminate capital gains taxes?
- Are there ways I can reduce taxes that my spouse or beneficiaries need to pay after I die?
- Are there things I should be doing now so I don’t have a big tax issue in retirement?
Discover the better side of retirement planning.
At Carlson Financial, we help answer all your tax questions. Call us today at 844-CARLSON or CLICK HERE to schedule your complimentary review.